01709 372 email@example.com
Monday to Thursday
08:30 to 16:30
08:30 to 16:00
1st November 2017All Saints' D ...
Morthyng directors are pleased ...
You have a pivotal role in the development and progression of young people. The diverse array of sectors available means that YOU the employer have the expertise and potential to influence, mould and grow YOUR future workforce!
Today’s young people have to make life changing decisions at the age of 16 when deciding what to do when they leave the protection of school and either enter the world of work through Apprenticeships and Traineeships or choose to further their education and knowledge on a more academic focussed route.
Whichever path they decide to take it is vitally important that they have the chance to experience first-hand what various careers could be like and what they have to offer... That’s where YOU the employer can help!
There are three options available here at Morthyng for you to get involved and make a real difference to a young person’s life:
The rewards and benefits of work experience are real. Work experience builds confidence and self-esteem, makes young people feel valued and enables a young person to feel passionate about something and help them choose which career path could be the right one to follow.
What does it involve?
Decide how much time you can offer to work experience which could be from one to four days per week ranging from 1 week to the whole 40 week programme of a learner. Be sensible — don’t offer more time than you can afford to give. Rather start with fewer hours or days and build up to offering more as you gain confidence in the programme. But the more time you can offer, the more involved young people will get.
How much does it cost?
Traineeships are a new government initiative to help develop relevant skills amongst 16-19 year olds. They can run from six weeks to six months and focus on preparing young people for the workplace. They are an ideal preparation for an Apprenticeship programme.
How can they benefit your business?
With traineeships your business can:
- Get to know a potential new employee, without committing to a full employment contract or Apprenticeship - Offer work placements at a time to suit your business, for a minimum of six weeks to a maximum of six months - Help shape the skills set of the next generation of employees for your sector - Engage with the local community as part of a high quality work experience programme
How much does it cost?
We will help you to deliver a traineeship programme that will meet your needs and support young people who wish to progress onto an Apprenticeship.
Over 130,000 businesses across the UK offer Apprenticeship places because they recognise their effectiveness at increasing productivity, improving business performance and ensuring a committed and competent workforce.
Recruiting apprentices enables employers to fill the skills gaps that exist within their current workforce as apprentices begin to learn sector specific skills from day one; developing specialist knowledge that will positively affect your bottom line.
In addition to eager, motivated staff who are committed to on the job training and development, industry research has highlighted numerous direct and indirect benefits of Apprenticeships for both recruiting new apprentices and for training your workforce:
* 80% of Companies who invest in apprentices have reported a significant increase in employee retention
* 77% of employers believe Apprenticeships make them more competitive
* 76% of those employers who employ apprentices agree they make their workplace more productive.
* 81% of consumers favour using a company which takes on apprentices.
* Employers who take on a 16-18 year old apprentice only pay their salary. The Government will fund their training.
* 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce.
* 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future.
* One in five employers are hiring more apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate.
* Apprenticeship programmes allow training to take part in the workplace with as little disruption to business operations as possible.
Don’t worry if we don’t offer an Apprenticeship in what you want, we can still help you find the right candidate for the role through Work experience and Traineeships then help to source an appropriate provider who will specialise in the Apprenticeship qualification you want.
To find out more or to register your interest contact Simon Hill on 01709 372900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org