Employers play a pivotal role in the development and progression of the majority of young people. As an employer, using the knowledge of your sector, you have the ability to influence and shape your future workforce.
Young people today are required to make life forming decisions when selecting their respective post-16 option. They may elect to continue in mainstream education, commence a Modern Apprenticeship, or opt to undertake work-based learning. Whichever path a young person decides, the opportunity to make an informed choice based on previous, practical experience is a key component in making the correct decision.
This is where our Employer Partnership Scheme can help.
At Morthyng, we offer our partner employers, three options to become involved in making a positive impact on a young person’s life:
The rewards and benefits of work experience are tangible to both employers and young people alike. A work experience based placement, permits the young person the opportunity to build personal confidence and self-esteem. It further provides the prospect to feel passionate about the specific sector and aids making an informed choice.
What does it involve?
Before committing to supporting a young person in their learning and career path, you need to consider how much time you and your company can offer. Morthyng operates programmes that allow flexibility throughout. A placement can range from as little as half a day, right through to three full working days per week; from a block of 2 weeks to 39 weeks. Naturally this would be discussed and agreed with you, prior to a young person accessing your opportunity.
How much does it cost?
Whilst there is a certain cost element of staffing resource, to ensure the young person is supervised and supported whilst on placement, at Morthyng we believe in working in partnership with our employers, therefore we do not make a financial charge.
Traineeships are designed to help young people who want to get an apprenticeship or job but don’t yet have appropriate skills or experience. A traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that unlocks the great potential of young people and prepares them for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’.
How can a Traineeship benefit your business?
Should you decide to become involved with this option, it provides the opportunity to:
- Get to know a potential new employee, without the commitment to a full employment contract
- Observe their working practices and suitability for future employment
- Shape, develop and enhance their skills-set for employability
- Engage with the local community as part of a high quality work experience programme
How much does it cost?
In-line with our other options, a traineeship will be free of charge to your business.
Again, we will ensure that you are fully supported in delivering a Traineeship which accurately matches your needs and expectations.
Over 130,000 businesses across the UK offer Apprenticeship places because they recognise their effectiveness at increasing productivity, improving business performance and ensuring a committed and competent workforce.
Recruiting apprentices enables employers to fill the skills gaps that exist within their current workforce as apprentices begin to learn sector specific skills from day one; developing specialist knowledge that will positively affect your bottom line.
In addition to eager, motivated staff who are committed to on the job training and development, industry research has highlighted numerous direct and indirect benefits of Apprenticeships for both recruiting new apprentices and for training your workforce:
* 80% of Companies who invest in apprentices have reported a significant increase in employee retention
* 77% of employers believe Apprenticeships make them more competitive
* 76% of those employers who employ apprentices agree they make their workplace more productive.
* 81% of consumers favour using a company which takes on apprentices.
* Employers who take on a 16-18 year old apprentice only pay their salary. The Government will fund their training.
* 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce.
* 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future.
* One in five employers are hiring more apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate.
* Apprenticeship programmes allow training to take part in the workplace with as little disruption to business operations as possible.
Don’t worry if we don’t offer an Apprenticeship in what you want, we can still help you find the right candidate for the role through Work experience and Traineeships then help to source an appropriate provider who will specialise in the Apprenticeship qualification you want.
To find out more or to register your interest contact Simon Hill on 01709 372900 or email email@example.com