Training and assessment takes places at a purpose built construction training centre with specialise staff members delivering training and sessions.
You will have the opportunity to experiance work placements, projects and potential European residential visits.
- BTEC Award in Basic Consturction Entry Level 3 & Level 1
- BTEC Certificate and Diploma in Construction Level 1
- BTEC Certificate, Extended Certificate and Diploma in Construction Level 2
You will cover a variey of areas that may include:
- Starting Work in Construction
- Developing Brickwork Skills
- Developing Site Carpentry Skills
- Developing Bench Joinery Skills
- Developing Plastering Skills
- Developing Paint Finishing Skills
Morthyng Vocational College is a wholly owned subsidiary of Morthyng Group Limited a registered charity in England and Wales.
"Where people count not profits"
We are dedicated to give you the skills to meet your aspirations and your goal.
Your objectives are ours too and that of every learner we support.
You may be part of a group, but while you are with us you are an individual.
You are our customer and our reason for being here is to support you and help you attain your next step move to making your dreams,
goals and objectives come true.
"i've already learnt basic skills in bricklaying and the knowledge to support this.
I have also gained an insight into health and safety on the building site. The tutors are always there for us.
when i have finished this course i want to progress into the pre-apprenticeship course."
Paul Shillock 17yrs
"its all good, already I've learnt to build walls, to recognise the tools used in the trade, and learnt about different kinds of mortar.
I have also learnt about health and safety related to building sites.
i get along well with tutors, they are helpful and approachable. It's all good !"